The release date for the upcoming anime film Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions has been announced through the official Twitter account of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime franchise. The film will open in Japan on April 23, 2016. Meanwhile, it will open late next year in areas outside of Japan.
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions cast include:
- Shunsuke Kazama as Yūgi Mutō
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Seto Kaiba
- Hidehiro Kikuchi as Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
- Hiroki Takahashi as Katsuya Jōnōchi (Joey Wheeler)
- Junko Takeuchi as Mokuba Kaiba
- Maki Saitou as Anzu Masaki (Téa Gardener)
- Rica Matsumoto as Ryō Bakura
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Plot
In the past Yūgi Yami and Kaiba have clashed many times!! Yami Yūgi, who resides in Yūgi Mutō’s body, and Kaiba will have a duel that bets their prides and accepts each other’s mutual experience.
The story of Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions takes place six months after the end of the manga. Directing the film is Satoshi Kuwabara while Kazuki Takahashi, the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga creator is handling the scripts and the character designs and also serving as the chief production supervisor.